Tuesday 15 September 2009

Made In Italy

Last Wednesday I went out for dinner with 8 of my colleagues. It was my turn to organise the team dinner so I thought we could do much worse than having some decent affordable Italian food.
I have never had a bad meal at Made In Italy on Kings Road and Wednesday was no exception. The main criticism that this restaurant gets on websites like londoneating.co.uk is about the rudeness of waiters/waitresses. In all fairness though I have to say that I have never been treated badly there. However I am also pretty sure that if I wasn’t Italian and didn’t speak the lingo it would be a completely different matter... but that’s another story.
We managed to leave work quite early so had time for a drink or two in the Cadogan Arms, also on Kings Road. This pub had been renovated quite recently and looks like an upmarket boozer, definitely fitting in in this affluent part of London.
My choice of starter consisted of melanzane alla parmigiana, that would probably score a 7.5 out of 10 on the tasteometer. Maybe just not as good as my mum makes but, still a pretty damn good imitation. Probably the best choice (in terms of starters) was Tom’s who went for a huge, yummy plate of mussels (‘cozze’).
For mains I had some sausage and pepper pizza, which was delicious and deserved a good 8 out of 10. I like pizza here at Made In Italy as it’s just like they... make it in Italy (funnily enough). It’s the real stuff, not the rubbish that’s served in most (fake??) Italian restaurants in London, where they can’t even spell dishes correctly on the menu.
Considering that this restaurant is in the heart of Chelsea, prices are rather reasonable. Also due to the fact that none of us had alcohol, we managed to get change out of £20 each, which is a right result.

No comments:

Post a Comment