Wednesday 16 September 2009

Kenyon out

From the BBC website:
Chelsea have announced that Peter Kenyon will be leaving his chief executive role at the end of October. Kenyon, who left Manchester United in 2003 to join Chelsea, will continue at the Blues as a non-executive director. The 55-year-old will also continue to represent Chelsea invarious capacities, including committee roles with European governing body Uefa.
Am I being too cynical if I think that 1) there is a strong link between Chelsea's transfer ban and Kenyon's departure?; and 2) he will be completely out of the door within the next 12 months?
Personally I don't think it could have happened to a nicer bloke as I have NEVER liked Kenyon - first and foremost, he's a Manc and I was gobsmacked when Abramovich offered him a job at Chelsea. Secondly I don't think he has any style, he's just a glorified shirt seller FFS. That's what he's good at, that's what he should have kept doing, rather than darkening Chelsea's doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment