Monday 3 August 2009

Waterloo

I was out for a drink with my mate Andy tonight after work and, as usual, we met up at the Fire Station on Waterloo Road. The fact that this distinctly average pub is one of the best in the area speaks volumes in itself.
Anyway what really annoyed me was the fact that in less than 2 hours we were bothered by 6 or 7 vagrants / drunks / good-for-nothings. I certainly don’t have a problem if someone tries to sell me a copy of the Big Issue. What I do have a problem with though is when this seller is incredibly pushy and doesn’t take no for an answer. What I have a problem with is when a vagrant takes exception to god-knows-what and adopts an aggressive behaviour towards me... just because they feel like it.
With all the officers usually on the main concourse at Waterloo, surely it’s not too much to ask for a couple of them to take the escalator and see what’s going on at street level?? And why doesn’t the Fire Station landlord do anything about it? Is he happy to see his customers harassed? Does he want to see them go and drink somewhere else??

No comments:

Post a Comment