Monday 10 August 2009

Alitalia up to their old tricks

I flew Alitalia this weekend for my usual trip back to Rome. I hadn't flown them in a while so I was a bit worried that things might have been a bit different.
However I can reassure you that some things never change: the flight back from Rome to Heathrow was 1h15m late.
The excuse for this delay this time was that a seagull had hit the plane (or the other way around) during its descent into Fiumicino. Therefore they had to line up a different aircraft as the original 'big bird' had to undergo several checks.
This excuse might be 100% true for all I know (or care), however Alitalia have gained such an expertise in the art of bullshitting that now I always take everything they say with a fistful of salt.
Obviously when we boarded our flight, the crew didn't even remotely think of making a nice little goodwill gesture, like offering a glass of water to their passengers. Is that too much to think of? And anyway.... we do understand the (alleged) reason for the delay, but what happened to the poor seagull?? Is he making a speedy recovery?!? Again, no information available.

No comments:

Post a Comment