Thursday 11 June 2009

New iPhone 3G 32GB: good news and VERY bad news

From 19 June the new iPhone 3G 32GB will be available. These are some of its best features in my humble opinion: 1) apparently it's approx. 2x faster than the current iPhone; as Borat says... I like. 2) you will be able to shoot videos, edit them and and share them on YouTube (..... or some similarly named websites of ill repute, nudge nudge wink wink). 3) thanks to Voice Control, if you want to call someone or play a song, all you have to do is ask. Apparently VC will recognise the names in your Contacts and knows the music on your iPod. 4) you will now be able to cut, copy and paste words and photos, even between applications. Copying and pasting images and content from the web will also be possible. 5) finally you will also be able to forward messages. I say 'finally' because I think this is one of the main limitations of the current iPhones.

Enough of the good news.... now sit down before you hear the bad news. All this won't come cheap. Not cheap at all. If you are currently on a £35 tariff with O2 (like me), you'll have to fork out £275 if you choose a new 18-month contract or £175 for 24 months. Ouch.... In these recessionary times I think I will stick with my current phone until prices come down a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment