Sunday 28 June 2009

Ice Cream, yum yum

Last Thursday the ice cream maker finally arrived in KT1. I had ordered it 10 days earlier and it seemed effin ages. Mark this date: 25 June 2009. It all started here :)
So far I have been experimenting a little with a good degree of success. First on the list it was strawberry ice cream, followed yesterday by blueberry. Today I put some raspberries to the sword (or should I say to the blender??).
Most ice cream recipes you find on the Net originate on the other side of the pond, therefore I am still getting to grips with their way of measuring ingredients. Anyway I now know how much '1 cup' of sugar is in real terms.
Today I felt a bit more confident and straying away from the fruit path I produced a pretty good rum & raisin ice cream. The only negatives is that maybe I put too many rum-soaked raisins and definitely too much rum. Oops.... oh well, I'll have to eat it all myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment