Monday 6 April 2009

Miracle on the Tyne? I don't think so

First things first.... I don't like Shearer. He was a dirty bugger as a player and (more often that not) got away with murder.
Anyway now he's embarked on the unlikely mission of saving NUFC from relegation. It's pretty obvious to me that the guy ain't stupid, hence his statement last week: "I'm here for 8 games and 8 games only". Well, it's a win-win situation for him, innit?
If he pulls it off, then he's the Messiah - if he doesn't... well, it's not his fault is it, NUFC were in the proverbial already, what could he do etc... etc....

My opinion? Geordies for the drop. Most (if not all) of their players don't seem to have realised that there is no such thing as being too good to go down.
For a start, the aforesaid motto does not apply to them as they aren't very good at all and the table doesn't lie - not after 31 league games anyway. Secondly, Shearer may have the passion (there's no denying that) but in moments like this, I'd rather have a manager with experience and a cool head.
See you at Loftus Road next season, all of you lovely Magpies.

No comments:

Post a Comment