Thursday 9 April 2009

iPhone - Facebook application

Having Facebook as a (free) application on the iPhone is a great thing. Many commutes have been made less tedious thanks to that little precious white f on a blue background. Several minicab rides have been spared as - if it wasn't for FB - I probably would have fallen asleep in a drunken stupor and ended up in Shepperton or, God forbid, Southampton no doubt.

Anyway one feature that this mobile version of Facebook could certainly benefit from is the Search function. It's all very good to have the News Feed (good to know that you're going carp fishing this weekend Paul) as well as the Notifications (thanks for telling me that Sarah, Chantelle and 5 other similarly loose women live in my area, I'll bear that in mind), however I personally feel that there is no better time to look for old university mates or colleagues than when you are on a boring train journey.

Don't get me wrong, I really like my iPhone and wouldn't swap it for any of my previous mobile phones but I await with bated breath the release of the next version of the iPhone. Forget more frequent trains or lower train fares.... the Search function on iPhone Facebook is what the commuting punters really want!!

No comments:

Post a Comment