Tuesday 7 April 2009

Champions League preview

Man Utd v Porto:
As much as I'd love to see a surprise here, I think the Dirty Mancs are just too strong (and too lucky of course) to go out at this stage.
I know that it was earlier in the season but this is the same Porto side that lost 4-0 to Arsenal. Porto just managed to get past mighty Atletico Madrid in the previous round, thanks to the away-goal rule.
Here is to a few yellow/red cards and some injuries for the team in red.
Prediction: 2-0

Villarreal v Arsenal:
when the quarter-finals draw was made, many experts considered this tie to be a bye to the semifinals for Villarreal. My head (as well as my heart) says that things could be quite different. As the Dirty Mancs saw in the group stage, the Spaniards can be very difficult to break down.
I just can't see many goals in this match as both teams can shut down shop if/when they want to. Villarreal may not be too disappointed to get a goalless draw in the first leg. Come on you Yellows.
Prediction: 0-0

No comments:

Post a Comment