Saturday 31 October 2009

Holiday - Day 4 & 5

Yesterday evening I went to see Sefton, a great English bloke that’s been living in Phuket for a number of years.
We met up in the Off Shore Bar on Nanai Road. Nanai Road is on Patong Hill, quite off the beaten track, which was good for a change as you don’t get any hassle from girls or touts soliciting any sort of funny/dodgy business.
Talking of dodgy business going on in this part of the world, after many years it still escapes me what the attraction is in seeing shows where Thai girls shove ping-pong balls up their whatsits, only to churn them out seconds later at sound wall barrier-breaking speed. What is remotely sexy or funny about it?!?!? The only rational explanation that I can think of is that it’s a rite of passage and initiation for aspiring gay blokes. And don’t get me started on darts.... yes darts, as in oooonneehuuundredandeeeiiigghtyyyy!!! Truly mind-boggling stuff.
Anyway on the Off Shore Bar, I had a taste of Britain as Friday night is curry night! Chicken Masala with plain rice for 150 Thai baht, which is roughly less than 3 quid. Not the best cuzza I’ve had in ages but how can you complain at that price?! In London I can barely sniff the poppadoms for 3 pounds.
Today I went to Nai Harn, which in my humble opinion is one of the best beaches on the island (along with Laem Singh and Nai Ton). The pictures below probably say a lot more than a thousand words.




No comments:

Post a Comment