Thursday 7 May 2009

Turkish Airlines

  • On a recent trip we flew Turkish Airlines to Istanbul's main airport ('Ataturk'). This airline used to have a terrible safety record in the past, however recently has come on in leaps and bounds (in some cases, quite literally). Generally I don't think that 'customer service' translates very well in Turkish so let's just say that they are not on my Christmas card list. This is also due to the fact that on the way back to London we were over one hour late and they didn't waste any of their precious time to bother with an explanation or (God forbid) an apology.
  • What’s wrong with them? Well, for a start passengers can check in online, however there is hardly any point in doing that as (when we were there) you still have to queue up like everyone else to collect your boarding pass! Seats are of decent width and the legroom is pretty ok. I thought that I was going to be squashed, sitting no doubt next to a rude, sweaty moustachioed fattie but I was lucky as I was quick to grab the window seat... and my girlfriend looks nothing like that. Therefore the dubious honour of sitting next to said not-fictional-at-all character was left to her. The food served is of average quality and quantity, whilst the entertainment is quite poor. There are screens on the back of every seat but they didn’t work. If you want to watch a (Turkish) movie, you can grab a binocular and look at the few little screens placed above the seats every 5-6 rows.
  • Would I fly with them again?? Hhhhmmmm.... maybe, but only if I had to go to Turkey again, which realistically isn't going to happen in the near future. For any other destination, forget it. They may have improved a lot but there was nothing that they had to offer that made me fond of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment