Thursday 7 May 2009

The Apprentice - Week 7

YES!!!! Pantsman is gone!!!!!!!!!!!
Just when I thought that PTN's blatant lies and deceitful tactics had fooled Sugar, it was our man from Durham that got into the infamous black cab at the end of last night's episode for a one-way journey back to the North (where he totally belongs).

Why did PTN get the chop? Was it because of his bravado and attitude that wouldn't fit in Sugar's organisation? Or because of his 'close friendship' with fellow contestant Kate? Or because his order book by the end of the task was as empty as an Egyptian pig farm? Or because his gob is so big (and out of control) that the Angel of the North could easily fit in there? Take your pick....

In the studio with Adrian Chiles later, PTN admitted that he got on the wrong side of fellow contestant Lorraine and that led to his departure. Well, maybe if he and Kate had taken their task more seriously, rather than behaving like two teenagers on a school trip - I'm pretty sure that I saw a few cans of cheap cider being smuggled by the lovey dovey couple on the trip to Liverpool for their task - it would have been a different story.

Maybe Lorraine (last night's Project Manager) would have got the chop instead. Now I don't have anything against her (for the time being....) but if I hear her say "I'm PM'ing" again, I reserve the right to change my mind and virtually slap her before you can say "you're fired". PM'ing?? What on earth is that?? Ok, she means "I'm Project Manager" but for some reason I can't avoid associating that phrase to the wrong time of the month and that's a thought that I'd like to distantiate from my head as far as possible, particularly if it involves the aesthetically-challenged Lorraine.

As much as I disliked PTN, I have to say that he showed a tiny modicum of grace in the studio later and thus managed to win some sympathy (partly due to his Stan Laurel-like smile) from the audience. However the final vote - with the red cards far outnumbering the green ones - showed that PTN was as popular as a sneezing pig and therefore Sugar made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment