Tuesday 28 July 2009

Promises, promises...

Back in April, didn't all the meteorologists predict that this summer was going to be rather hot, with long sunny spells, hosepipe bans etc...?? (Actually forget the bit about hosepipe bans, I made it up, we had them even when it rained almost every day).
Anyway I clearly remember all the weather forecasts, saying that it would be a summer to remember weather-wise. I was so confident and enthusiastic that I even bought some shares in BBQ Limited!
Well, what have we got so far?? One hot week in May.... one hot week in June.... another hot week in early July.... and not much else. Not really worth writing home about, is it?
About a week ago I read that nice, sunny weather should finally be with us in early August. Let's wait and see, although I'm severely tempted to sell those shares....

No comments:

Post a Comment