Friday 10 July 2009

Holiday in Tuscany... coming to an end

Our holiday in Tuscany (Corte dei Butteri Hotel, 4 stars my hairy a*se) is coming to an end and and I’d be incredibly surprised if we ever come back here again.
As mentioned in my previous post, the rooms are nice and clean, however Mum & Dad are distinctly unimpressed with the quality of food here. In all fairness, I have had better food at work canteens. You can easily tell that the hotel management have launched the biggest pennypinching exercise ever seen on these shores as far as the restaurant budget is concerned. And have you ever been to a 4-star hotel / restaurant where you get paper napkins on the table?? I wouldn’t give a damn if the food was good but sadly this is not the case!!
As it happens, both my parents and I are pretty relieved that we are going home on Sunday. It’s quite unusual that you are happy to get to the end of your holiday… but that’s the way we feel! It’s a very different story for my daughters as they have made quite a few friends and virtually I only see them at poisoning time (calling it meal time would be slightly misleading) and bedtime. Obviously I am not allowed to cramp their style at any time therefore any attempt at conversation with them on my part is met with a lethal combination of icy stares and silent treatment. You have to love teenagers….

No comments:

Post a Comment